blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Eureka!

I just discovered the most amazing lunch place in Tysons Corner.

I can't believe I didn't know about this sooner. I will now probably eat there... a lot.

The Piazza di Giorgio is way up on the 3rd floor (aka, a place no one ever goes, hence me not knowing about this place) of Tysons II. It's a cafeteria essentially -- with a huge salad station, sandwiches, paninis, hot foods, pizza, chinese, udon noodle soups, other soups, sushi, smoothies, coffee... it is lunch hour mecca. I got a salmon salad and it was fantastic. A little on the pricey side, but holy crap. This is exactly what I've been lamenting the absence of for the past 5 years, only to find out that it was right here all along.

Unfortunately, I had to walk by J.Crew on the way there and bought a light weight sweater for my trip. But I got it on sale, I promise!

Must. Stop. Shopping.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that place is indeed awesome! discovered it a few months ago myself.

-- Fellow Tysons worker ant

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I used to walk over to eat at the old food court in the Galleria during my first stint working in Tyson's, but then they tore it out and started rebuilding that level just before I left the area for a bit. I never checked back in there to see what they replace it with, but sounds like something I should check out. Now that the weather is nice, I'll actually feel like getting out of the building for a little walk over there at lunchtime.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home