blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Sunday, August 17, 2008

José Andrés at Night

The next time you see Lindsay Gibson, ask her to describe her theory for deconstructed sex acts. We were dining at Cafe Atlantico (which, by the way, was the best of three fantastic meals I had this Restaurant Week), and she came up with a hilarious idea for applying chef Andres' favorite cooking gimmick to the bedroom.

Moving on. A stretch of 66 from about Glebe to Rt 7 smelled like bacon tonight. Delicious, delicious bacon. I don't understand it, but I like it.

Tropic Thunder is a really great movie. What a brilliant satire. Believe the hype.

I got a manicure yesterday. I haven't had color on my finger nails in a long time. I feel fancy!!

I ate a lot of amazing food this weekend. Everyone should go to Vinotecca and get some of the Red Hawk cheese. Oh my everloving god is it amazing. And the lime and salt air margarita at Cafe Atlantico is appointment drinking. Every sip was thrilling. And Pho 75 just can't be beat.

There was one last teensy thought I wanted to include here but it's flown straight out of my head. Probably a sign that I should get off the computer and call it a weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home