blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Today in animals

So, a baby bear was caught in the forest fires out west. A brave fireman rescued him. They're now bff. Each of the bear's burned paws is being treated with a different salve to help regrow the pads. One of those treatments is honey. Watch the video and hear a baby bear make people noises over on Radar.

Also, about 125,000 low land gorillas were discovered in an equatorial area in Congo. That more than doubles the number previously believed to be left in the world.

Most people have probably seen this already, but last night at dinner I discovered that internet dwellers Catherine and Ezra hadn't, so, grab a tissue and prepare to get all misty when you watch Christian the lion reunite with the men who owned him as a cub.






Speaking of dinner! I convinced some of my D.C. people to flee the city and come out to VA for dinner at my place last night. It was lovely, thanks for venturing west, friends! And, the food was pretty boss, if I do say so myself. Pear/goat cheese/prosciutto appetizers, fennel/apple/arugula salad, and bacon-wrapped sea scallops served on heirloom beans. That menu might shed some light on my earlier post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

haha that video is the most wonderful thing I have EVER seen. Thank you blogstretch for starting my Thursday off right.
PS Can we do Today in Animals more often? you know how I feel about them.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home