blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Today in... Internet

Gonna vote? In that case, get yourself a free Wilco/Fleet Foxes mp3. Love Wilco or Fleet Foxes and not planning on voting? Change your mind, and get that mp3. 

I mentioned seeing the Avett Brothers in Charlottesville in an earlier post. I didn't have high expectations, despite knowing a crap ton of devoted fans of theirs, because their recordings I've heard have been so. damn. sleepy. But their live show was the polar opposite -- screaming, rock, jumping, crazy energy. It was fantastic. So now I get it. That said, their lovely song "If It's The Beaches" is indeed a slow burner, but I can't stop listening to it. You can find an mp3 over here


Sommer asked me to write a quick post on why I liked this photo. Instead, I wrote a manifesto about why the rivalry between the Cowboys and the Redskins is the best thing ever. Enjoy

Crank up your feel-old-o-meter. Nevermind came out 17 years ago today

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the Cowboys, but ironically we all grew up with Jason Witten. He grew up in Vienna and went to Flint Hill elementary school until his parents divorced in like 1993. His mom moved him and Sean to her hometown in Tennessee. His mom was a nut job at all our baseball/football games, who ended up going to jail for check fraud last year.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Ha! You know, I remembered Sean Witten and have always, always wondered if they were related. That's awesome.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Sean was my age and was held back for some reason. They both played for the feared Orioles under the tutelage of Ron Decker in Vienna Little League. Sean ended up being an undersized WR at VATech. Jason ended up playing DE at Tennessee until their TE got injured. He was so good that he ended up going into the draft early.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

So um, who are you, anonymous Vienna person? Pleasure to see you here, I'm sure.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick Goble, writing from jail.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, it isn't Nick Goble. It is a long story as to how I stumbled upon this blog. Another JMHS grad told me about it. I check it from time to time when I get bored at work.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home