blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Try not to make any sudden movements or loud noises

I seem to have some sort of cloud over my head today. Things started well enough this morning, until I knocked over a glass and it shattered all over the floor (just like yesterday morning!). I thought oh, well, at least this week has a theme. Then as I was taking the trash out this morning, the bag gave way and all of the trash scattered onto the sidewalk. So I rushed to get that cleaned up and taken care of, so I could hop in the car and still get to work relatively on time. No such luck! The beltway was at a standstill. A half-a-mile-in-20-minutes kind of stand still.I thought, "wow, with the way today's going, I wouldn't be surprised to realize I forgot something important." Then I looked over and realized I'd left my computer at home. So I got off of the beltway, only to sit in traffic on 66 for 35 minutes. Got home, got my computer, then got to sit in that stand still beltway traffic all over again. As of this moment, I have yet to twist my ankle or spill some sort of hot liquid on an important client.

This is just to say that when a large earn or something falls down onto my head, makes me dizzy and I fall backwards directly into the path of a stampede of elephants, well, at least it was sort of inevitable. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You totally Schruted that

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home