blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy 2009, dudes!

Yesterday, as many friends gathered for new year's day brunch at our house, I was shocked to learn how many people were completely unfamiliar with the tradition of eating black eyed peas for good luck in the new year. Don't worry though, I made sure all my friends are guarded by the power of legumes.

I also ate ham and greens, like any good southerner does on the first day of the year. And, less traditional but part of lazing around for 10 hours with a bunch of my friends and neighbors: delicious frittatas, mimosas, bloody maries, tea, coffee, and not one but two rounds of pizza delivery. Starting off 2009 with dear people and plenty of food and good movies and conversation is pretty much the best. Happy new year, internet!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is supposed to be lentils.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Wrong!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home