blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I got mad love for George & Abe

Long weekend! I had one! How was yours? Here are a few thoughts on mine:
  • The Sentiment were a good band. Their one-off reunion show made me wish they still played together.
  • I love Mitchell & Floyd.
  • Chung's headwear on Friday gave me a burning desire for a headkerchief or five.
  • Grandparents are amazing. As I cut a grapefruit for my grampa, using his little grapefruit knife, I said, "wow this is really neat, I wish I had one." To which he replied, "hold on." Went to the back room, and found, of course, his stash of grapefruit knives. Because grandparents buy everything in bulk.
  • I am just not that into He's Just Not That Into You. On top of what Dana said, the movie just completely reversed all of its "lessons" in the final act. Because its not until your spirit is broken by guys walking all over you that you are finally worthy of their love. Boo. Hiss.
  • I finally had success making fried fish tacos. They were oh so good. Look for more on this on the IFA.
  • Vinotecca's dollar mimosas are a good way to start a Sunday. Beer and cupcakes are a good second course. Dollar oysters at Hanks are a lovely third. And Szichuan hot pot is fun and I'm glad we did it but not the culinary delight I was hoping for. And Solly's weird little post-cab-crash window area is claustrophobic. And I suck at big buck hunter.
  • I have discovered my new favorite drink: Campari and orange juice.
  • Art & Soul is a very good restaurant. The complimentary skillet bread alone makes it worth the trip. Also: Art Smith comes out and checks on each table personally. Which is pretty great. And the sauce served with the salmon is divine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home