blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Salad Days

My lovely neighbor Dan made a salad recently that changed my life. Only to the degree that, I now make this salad for lunch at least twice a week. But hey, that's a change. Quit nitpicking.

It's truly simple, really. The key is finding really good quality tuna canned in olive oil. Mix that with some fresh salad greens, chopped tomatoes, fresh chopped mozzerella, and drizzle with some balsamic. It doesn't sound like it's that special. But god, oh god, it really is. The cheese and the tuna work so perfectly together, I can't even begin to describe it.

This has been a public service announcement.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Lemieux said...

If Ortiz tuna was 2 or 3 dollars cheaper I swear I would eat it 5 times a week. At least...

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home