blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, March 14, 2005

LUML

As an ode to my days as a sister of Sigma Sigma Sigma, this Monday evening I'm going to post some Light Up My Lifes. These were little notes we would write at our Chapter meetings, to be read aloud by an officer to the whole house. I usually lit up peoples lives for falling down stairs at frat parties, or yelling/throwing things at pedestrians from moving vehicles, or other things of that nature. Get the gist? Alright then, let's carry on.

*Sarah lights up my life for changing her screen name to something wuh'rediculously wuh'hilarious. It's as delicious as exotic topings from around the world on a seasoned herb crust.

*Jennie Pearl Moline lights up my life for "ewe ewe ewe ewe ewe!" and where in the world are you? text messages.

*Beth Anne lights up my life for her athletic trainer humor.

*Dave lights up my life for thanking me for his birthday present two months after the fact.

*Tyler, BBF, lights up my life for "say"ing funny things all week to me via el telefono from Miami. And for the greeting from Zach the dog ("Hey Amanda! I like you, and I'm small!").

*Sam lights up my life for discussing creationism and reincarnation over classy lunch in babyville.

*Chris lights up my life for proof that the universe is a constantly reflexive entity. And for generally being awesome. And goofus.

*Drew lights up my life for being just as hungover as I was on Saturday, and then proceeding to drink his pants off anyway. I'll keep working on that ballpit for the Dillon/Padgit play date.

*Liz, Jenna, Mark & Drew light up my life for liberation dance party on Friday night. Such a terrible idea over all, but it was an emotastic good time.

*Red Bull Vodka lights up my life...do I really need to explain this one?

*Jamie & Liz & Jenna (and Jess) light up my life for cheering on our wahoos as they kicked the crap out of Duke on Friday night. Right?

*All the members of our soon-to-be-formed band light up my life. Look for me pretending to play the saxamaphone or keyboard guitar, while sporting a beehive.

*Diana lights up my life for putting on a UVA sweatshirt and going to the ACC tourney with me on Thursday. Mmmmm, ice cream cones...

*Johnny Mesner lights up my life for soliciting Liz for half a million dollars to carry his child, then joining the cast of The O.C.

*Alyssa lights up my life for driving me around pre-funnel cake Saturday while I stared out the window trying not to puke. And for her La Mer lip balm - Vienna Taste: it's a blessing and a curse.

*Jill lights up my life for, as predicted, being drunk when we got there to pick her up. And being drunk when we left. And shaking her ass on Glebe Road.

*The waitor at Chevy's kinda lights down my life for forgetting our cheese. Seriously, who serves fajitas without cheese?

*Erin lights up my life for being so very candid with her announcements on Saturday.

*All three of those girls light up my life for Shamrocking the hell out of Saturday with me, up to and including the highly fashionable green hats. ("Don't hate. They were free.")

*Allison lights up my life for her constructive criticism on blogstretch.

*Jack Mac lights up my life for the Liberty Tax Service crowns that were omnipresent on Saturday.

*Steven lights up my life for working the beer cart.

*Coleman lights up my life for being concerned that I'd wake up on Sunday and want to drink some beer.

*Mike Meyers and Nicole Kidman light up my life for that old school SNL sketch where Phillip is a "hyper-hypo" and she's "surrounded by a lot of positive support." "I love you you know." "I know!"

*Felicia lights up my life for running into me in two different places this weekend, and both times just staring at me till I turned around.

*The bizarro Felicia/Marissa twin lights up my life for making my breakfast more interesting this morning.

*Becky lights up my life for loving osteoperosis for a good reason.

*Kevin lights up my life for starting a blog and making me feel like I'm an editor for the Hawk Talk again. "Good LORD that's a lott'a milk!"

*My mom lights up my life for taking me to Lobsterfest on Sunday, thus completing my extremely FESTive weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda mattos lights up my life for being way more eloquent, witty, and interesting online that I or almost anyone else could possibly be.

Amanda Mattos also lights up my life for deciding mid-way through the night Friday that redbull vodkas were a much better idea than the tried and true beer we were drinking previously.

Finally, Amanda lights up my life for coming to Liberation dance party, dipping out mysteriously (in my drunken stupor anyhow) and for enlightening me to the curative properties of a funnel cake.

Cheers! -Liz

ps. johnny messner lights up my life for giving me a great conversation piece! heeeeeee haw!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Gavin's faux anger:

Noboa99: WTF
Noboa99: Now I'm pissed
Noboa99: So what, I don't light up your life?
Noboa99: Up yours Mattos

1:40 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

gdariusjr: i was so reading your blog and its like, why people light up my life
gdariusjr: and i wasnt listed
gdariusjr: i was all, as if

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home