blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Ultimate Fantasy Rock Show

I keep running into brick walls lately when I try to get to concerts - one of my very favorite things to do (go to concerts, not run into brick walls). Wilco - no, Interpol - no, Coachella - no. My mounting desire to rock the f*** out blended with my ever kinetic imagination has lead me to this: Who would be on the bill at your Ultimate Fantasy Rock Show? Caveat: Only bands that you could possibly see today (that would still most likely rock today). While we'd all love to see the Beatles or the Doors or Sublime, it's just not gonna happen.

In forming my list, I'm taking into consideration the following:
  • Quality of performance of bands I've already seen
  • Bands I've always wanted to see but haven't
  • Bands I've heard are great live
  • Random Speculation
So, here's my dry run - Amanda's Ultimate Fantasy Rock Show (in no particular order).

Interpol
The Arcade Fire
Deathcab for Cutie
Third Eye Blind
311
The White Stripes
VACO
Phantom Planet
Ben Lee
Polyphonic Spree
The Black Keys
Brazillian Girls
The Shins
The Thrills
Tegan and Sara
The Black Crows
The Rolling Stones
Beck
Pete Yorn
Phoenix
Weezer
Ben Kweller
Ben Folds
A Tribe Called Quest
Green Day
Beastie Boys
Rilo Kiley
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Outkast
Blur

What do you think about THAT? Who would be at your show? Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

4 Comments:

Blogger ike said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:14 PM  
Blogger ike said...

I'll try and steer away from your selections, because I would have about 99% of them (damn you for choosing Beck... he, like smiling, is my favorite).

Links provided for the more obscure artists with a website.

The Roots, Aimee Mann, Anthony Hamilton, Bela Fleck, Ben Folds, Jason Mraz, Bright Eyes, Modest Mouse, Cee-Lo Green,
Pat Green
(like country Dave Matthews), Coldplay, Taj Mahal,
Keb Mo, DEL: tha funkee homosapien
(the rapper in Gorillaz), Dogs Die in Hot Cars, Drive-by Truckers, Guerilla Black, Hank III, Kinnie Starr, Jack Johnson, Jamiroquai, MC Paul Barman (the man's a genius), Neutral Milk HotelThe Snow Patrol, They Might be Giants (their stage performance is supposed to be hilarious)

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, you're like a walking OC soundtrack :)
Have fun in Arizona. Say hello to Joseph.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

add in some Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Pearl Jam, Postal Service (can play after Death Cab for Cutie of course), U2 (but only the songs i want them to sing, and none of the latest album), perhaps some Darkness, Marilyn Manson for somemore of the freakshow variety, The libertines (with all the band members present please)..........take out some third eye blind, weezer......and you got yourself my fantasy rock show.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home