blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Weekend Fun

So far so good. Saw "Sideways" with B.Po (good movie, would appreciate it more if I were older, but much funnier than I expected). Then, went over to Sean & Danny's for birthdayness. From there, went to Modern in Georgetown to meet Drew, Spradlin, etc., and Jayne and Betsy came along and braved the wicked long line with me. I haven't been to that place since it was Sports Fans (oh the joys of borrowing IDs to be 18 and go there), it was pretty cool. Proceeded to Spradle about at Rob's afterwards, and carried the adventure on through to Saturday as Spradlin helped me oh so graciously to construct my bed and the impossibly difficult wicker baskets. WICKER OUT. SCREW LIKE HELL. Occupational Therapy: I show up, I smile, they touch me, I feel better, I go back. We also put together these wicker baskets that go underneath the bed, that were about 87 times harder to put together than the bed itself. "Why is this so difficult? I feel like I'm on the frickin short bus today." "Well, wanna sit next to me?"

A little of the magic that is Chris Hoy, for your enjoyment:

GordonBShumway: i happen to know there is this thing called a time zone
GordonBShumway: and i'm drunk as hell at 4 am
GordonBShumway: and your away message is still up after your flagrant short skirting
GordonBShumway: so i can only assume you have out partied me
GordonBShumway: touche, amanda mattos........touche
GordonBShumway: just so's you know, i didn't go quietly
GordonBShumway: i never do

After assembly central, I hung out with mom (and Dreama) and got ready for "date night" with Tyler, who was in town from JMU. We got dressed up and went out to dinner in Shirlingon. When we sat down, two different waitors tried to bring us high chairs. I've apparently gone from looking under 21, to looking like the mother of two. I think it was probably because I had asked for mats and crayons...which they saw us both coloring on, and yet still didn't card us. Whatever mang. "But...they said no pets?"

Dinner was topped off by a quick visit to Jill's new pad. I called for directions, and she said "Oh, you're in Shirlington Village? OK, walk to the corner, turn left, and I'm on the 4th floor." Whoa, easiest directions ever. I was pretty wiped from Friday so it was early to bed and pretty average timing to rise for me. I got to bond with my good friend, The Mall, for the first time in months. Thanks to the beauty of exchanged gifts and gift cards, I got some really freakin sweet stuff for mmmm, almost nothin.

The band Dogs Die in Hot Cars is really good, check them out.

My bed is really pretty, I do think it was worth all the trouble (well, at least, some of the trouble).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home