blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, February 03, 2005

I HATE IKEA AND RDI

In the continuation of my Ikea saga, still in progress:

So, the bed was supposed to be delivered 1/23. Cancelled because of snow (that it snowed the day before, even though the roads were fine on Sunday), rescheduled for 1/29. Between 10 and 2. I waited all day for those fuckers, called the delivery company - RDI - no less than 5 times, to always be told "we're running late," or to get hung up on. Finally, around 6:30 pm, the guy at RDI goes, "Oh, nobody called you this morning?" No, nobody called me this morning <>. "Yeah, we couldn't find your stuff in the warehouse." WHAT? Many hours with the managers at Ikea and RDI later, discovered that RDI was in the process of moving, and my items were lost in the jumble. Ikea was sending new over to them and they were to deliver tomorrow - 2/4. I'm leaving out a lot of detail here because there's a veign on my forehead I'm pretty sure will burst if I get any more frustrated right now. Just now, I call the manager at RDI - Mondale - to confirm my delivery. No, no record of that for tomorrow. Well Mondale, we need to figure this out right now, because I'm not waiting around another day for you people to bring my my damn bed. Well, in order to do anything, we'll need your case number. Yeah, I don't have that, that's between you and Ikea. Yeah, well I can't resolve anything without a case number.

Great.

**Dialing Ikea's "Case Resolution" Department. Happen to get one of the 8 or so people I've spoken to in the past few weeks, a very very nice woman. No managers were available, so she started trying to reach RDI, because according to Ikea's system, everything is all booked for me to get this thing delivered tomorrow.

Great.

So yeah, as of right now, I'm sitting here on hold while she tries to get RDI to figure out what the fuck is going on.

I AM CURSED. I HATE IKEA, though their customer servcie department (albeit not their actual customer service) is really very good. I HATE RDI. Whatever the fuck RDI stands for, I hate them.

I need a beer and the OC stat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

OH JESUS CHRIST

The RDI guy gets on the phone and says yeah, ma'am? We had it scheduled for the 4th, but when we went to load the trucks, we couldn't locate the merchandise.

me: AGAIN?

Yes, we've located it now, but the routes are already in place for tomorrow, so we won't be able to deliver it tomorrow.

me: WAS ANYONE GOING TO NOTIFY ME OF THIS CHANGE?

Yes, someone from the warehouse would have called you this evening.

me: OH, LIKE THEY CALLED ME LAST SATURDAY TO SAY THEY WEREN'T COMING?

I can reschedule you for Sunday

me: YOU STRING ME AROUND AND EXPECT ME TO WAIT AROUND FOR YOU ALL DAY ON SUPER BOWL SUNDAY?

I can do a 10-12 special delivery window.

me: .....((seething))...So definitely between 10 and 12, no changes to that?

Yes ma'am.

me:....Alright.

Somebody will call you to let you know your 4 hour window...I mean, well you already know...

me: Two hour window. It's a two hour window, between 10 and 12 on Sunday morning.

Yes ma'am, and someone will still call to confirm that.

me: OK. ((hangup))

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home