blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, February 11, 2005

Nirvana, dude

I heard "Love Buzz" on the radio this afternoon. I'd totally forgotten that song existed, much less that it fricken rocks! Was that on the "Mad Love" soundtrack? I saw that movie on my first date. Hmmm, Amazon tells me it wasn't on the soundtrack, but I'm pretty sure it was in the movie. Perhaps while they jet skiid or something along those lines? What in the world is the past tense of "to ski?" Creepy scene with all the eyes toothpasted to the walls is coming back to me now. My mom still won't let me live down my review of that movie: "Stupid, but good." How excited I was when the power house combo of Drew Barrymore and Chris O'Donnel teamed up again that summer in "Batman Forever?" Ahhh, to be 12 and ultra alternative again...

Being 23 and fairly alternative aint half bad either. Today's flavored up with The Libertines and the new Postal Service CD (only 4 songs, mainly remixes, but still tight).

And my last blog was totally right, audience participation does indeed rock. Keep with the responses, I heart them. And you. I heart you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I had to step in here. That Nirvana song does, in fact, play while Drew Barrymore jet skies (I'd say the past tense of ski is skied?), but it is not on the soundtrack. Yes, I own the soundtrack, the VHS, and I think the poster is still on the wall of my bedroom at my parents' house. Chris and Drew were an unbeatable team.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, that was Allison Frey above. Couldn't figure out how to include my name...

3:00 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Thanks for the verification Al. And as an aside, oddly enough, Mad Love was on tv today. I love when the universe makes things come full circle.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home