blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, February 24, 2005

ponders t r e t c h

I know I'm long overdue for new posts, particularly about my trip to the wild wild west, but just gonna hesitate for a moment on the whole blogging process, as I've been pondering after conversations with a much revered colleague and a much revered friend.

I ultimately hope to post more carefully formulated essays, rather than the R.F.M. (rapid finger movement) that shoots out without editing, in quippy thought patters to this blog. However, that being said, I do enjoy (and my peaked readership says you enjoy, too) the current format. A conversation with a coworker about the nature of blogging lead me to begin thinking. Then, talking to Liz today, I realized that this has taken over for the space left empty by high school note-writing. There are inside jokes. Many much train of thought hopping. Question asking. Game playing. Time wasting. There's a lot less crush-tracking ("So you had first period with Richard? What is he wearing today?"). But there's stat tracking, and that's even better. There's talk of weekend activities, pre- and post-. There's discussion of culture - pop, alternative, high brow, and otherwise. The parallels run deep.

Just some pondertron for you while I take some time to formulate my AZ blog, from the jumbled list of mental notes I have about the trip. And it's Thursday - so you know that means you'll also be treated to the latest and greatest of the OC dinner party & Whitlows mug night.

Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home