blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Milk

It does "a" body good. The body in question, however, is not mine. Much like many of my friends (more and more seem to come out of the woodwork all the time), I'm lactose intollerant. (I tried really hard to make that woodwork thing into a joke using swiss cheese, but I just couldn't do it.) I blame this on the excedingly high levels of tollerance I exhibit in other parts of my life. We are ballanced creatures, after all.

I really miss drinking milk. As someone having grown up in a home where every person at the dinner table had at least one glass of milk every single night, it's absence in recent years is pretty unsatisfying. People who don't like to drink milk (re: Becky Kinlein, osteoperosis "crack crack crack" joke circa 2nd year) really bug me because of the sheer irony. Don't get me wrong; I still say "DAMN THE MAN!" (internally, if not aloud) and drink milk and eat dairy from time to time (the world of cheese, ice cream, and countless others could send this rant into a much longer format than I'm setting out for), but usually the impending discomfort outweighs my glutony. Lately I've been experiencing a spike in my milk cravings. Probably because I bought oreos. But I've been keenly interested in all things milk - glasses of it, cereal with it, etc... - of late. Let's hope those ever fateful universal ballances are turning me back in the direction of dairy delights. One can only hope.


I've been getting a lot of crap lately for not updating my blog (due to highly increased levels of busy-ness). This rant was the first thing that came to me when I went to respond to the lack. My appologies for the bizarely carnal nature of the post. But hey, it's not like I'm known for typical throught progression. Enjoy. And, for God's sake, drink milk.

2 Comments:

Blogger ike said...

Because I know Stretch loves the Muppets, allow me to make a Muppet Babies reference.

You see, the term "coming out of the woodwork", refers to the Wood Weirdoes (smaller versions of Gonzo, that live in all wooden furniture). They bring people bad luck, but are scared off by loud noises. And that's why you have to knock on wood.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my defense, one of the reasons I don't like to drink milk is the resulting stomach ache. I have never bothered to diagnose myself with lactose intolerance because I already have outdoor allergies and those two diagnoses together would elevate me to Mega Nerd. Hopefully this curbs some of the resentment of my osteoporosis-loving ways. :)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home