blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Role Reversal

Gonna take a moment to revel in coming full circle. Tonight, my mom is coming over to my house, and I'm cooking dinner for her. There's no way I could ever even come close to matching the number and quality of dinners she's made for me over the years, but it just feels kind of nice to be at that place. And, for those of you not quite sure what to be making for dinner tonight, here's the menu:

Good & Easy Chicken
Combine the folowing ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cup dry red wine
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 4 tsp water
  • 2 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 2 tsp ginger
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 2 tbl brown sugar
over 6 to 8 chicken breasts in a casserole. Bake at 375% for 1 hour.

I'll probably add some fresh basil in there too.

Green Been & Tomato Salad
Combine fresh cut green beans, halved cherry or grape tomatoes, thick-cut onion pieces, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, italian seasoning, salt, pepper in a dish. Let stand in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.

Orzo
...Cook orzo. Add butter and salt. Cheese cloth or a strainer with really tiny holes is helpful.

And finally....
Some sort of dessert - probably gonna make the key lime bars I have sitting in my cabinet. (If Backaw were coming over for dinner, I'd definitely make lemon bars.)


Sometimes my domestic half takes over.... as Derik and Liz are very familiar with, as frequent receiving ends of my helpful hints.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently discovered during a trip to Ft Lauderdale that I also do not like key lime pie. I'm not all that surprised though..I mean, there is really no difference between lemons and limes, except that one gets put in diet coke, and the other gets put in rum and diet coke.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home