blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm really glad that I'm not an active member of the UVA Greek-system right now

Why? Because without a smidgeon of uncertainty, I can say that the song I just heard on the radio will be more ubiquitous on dance floors surrounding the mad bowl than any ODB or Nelly hits were back in my hey day (hay day?). At this point you may be wondering, what could make her so sure that a song will be both wildly popular at UVA, and massively annoying? Well, let me clear things up. The song in question has a refrain that frat boys across the land will identify with so inappropriately, that they won't be able to stop themselves from making it their battle cry. That refrain is, ladies and gentlement, "Ever since I can remember I been poppin' my collar.' It's followed with something about ownin them ho's or something of that line of thought, which of course, will be greeted with cackles and fist pounds ad nauseum. I bet I know one place the song won't overcome. I'll stick to my dens of hipsterdom and steer clear of this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home