blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, April 17, 2006

Music for a Rainy Day

I started to make some headway through the stack of CDs I've been sent by promoters this weekend, so I thought I'd share a couple of the stand outs. On the not DC front, we have Margot & the Nuclear So and So's. And locally, we have Deleted Scenes, who were my favorite of the albums I listened to yesterday. I'm gonna try and cover these guys in this month's Three Stars, so stay tuned for more!

Err, I hit "publish" very prematurely. I also meant to mention Matt Curreri, who I saw Friday night at the rockingest house party I've been to in a while. He's west coast-based, but if you have a chance to check this guy out, do so. He played after Tyler's new band, The Boyfriends, who were also teh awesome. Their three-song catalog is better than most full lengths I've heard lately. So keep your ears and eyes peeled for both.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check back with us later this week, we might have 4 songs. Also worth mentioning is the house party in Crozet this Saturday night. I'll repost with an update as to who else is playing and directions. Wilco is also the next night at the Pavilion.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does it mean when you say "teh awesome"? I've noticed it in our emails together too. Am I missing the boat on some new slang?

4:25 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

It's just internet slang, playing off of the common typo for "the."

Per Wikipedia:
"The word 'teh' is just a mistake when typing 'the'. It is so common it is used now on purpose to mimic new users or people who are too enthusiastic.. Example: "That movie was teh suck!!", "The fight scene with all the Agent Smiths was TEH AWESOME", etc."

4:30 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Ha, in googling "teh awesome" to get some backup to respond with, I also found this.

So, how teh awesome are you?

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home