blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, June 02, 2006

One Thing Leads to Another

I think that I'm doing something today that I've never done before. I'm not wearing any makeup. To work. None! The combination of oversleeping and heavy humidity inspired me to do nothing but throw the mane in a knot and make it a glasses-wearing kind of day. So yeah, I'm forging uncharted waters here. So far no one in the office has run from me, shrieking and covering their eyes, so I'll take that as a positive sign.

Instead of grooming this morning at all, I did what I often find myself doing before work -- making a playlist for the day. It always takes a fair amount of time that I don't technically have in the morning, but it makes me happy and gives me something to look forward to and set up my day around. Today's playlist is titled, "It's Humid and I'm Late for Work." The first song is "Together," from The Raconteurs album Broken Boy Soldiers. If you don't have this album yet, get the to a record store! It's not breaking new ground -- it wears its influences loud and proud, namely every noteable band from the 70s -- but it's just really, really good. Much in the same way that Brendan Benson (member of The Raconteurs)'s Alternative to Love was really, really good. It kinda sounds like all the music you've loved in your life, reworked and loveable all over again.

I like throwing people at work off by replying to coworkers that walk by my door and say, "good morning" with something along the lines of "hollar." 33 year olds with babies under a year old are generally taken aback or sent into fits of giggles by things like that.

I discovered recently that The Office actually is funny, and I do enjoy it. I'm referring to the tv show, though my office is also pretty funny, and I enjoy it too. Particularly my new job. I love my new job. Have I mentioned that yet? Cause I really, really do.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love my new job too!
Let's celebrate.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll bet you have a crush on jim. i do, anyway.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

I do have a crush on Jim!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home