blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Fine By Far

  • It occured to me this morning that it was about a year ago that Stinker and Tinker came into my life. Further inspection revealed that the true anniversary is July 7. What a wonderful year it's been! I've always been a pet lover, cats in particular. But this stinky little fur ball has really been an important addition to mi vida.
  • Tonight: As far as summer reruns go, tonight's pretty much top notch. Two hours of Gilmore Girls, two hours of Veronica Mars. My evening full of chores just became way more fun.
  • Saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest last night. Lemme tell ya -- if you thought Superman was disappointing, stay as far away from this one as you possibly can. I get the necessity to set up for your next sequel, really I do, but that was ALL this movie did. Not one story line -- not one! -- was resolved. Not a single. solitary. one. They took 2.5 hours to set up aproximately 37 story lines, then just ended it. Sure, LOTR and XMen gave us blue balls, but nothing compared to this. It was funny, good effects, exciting scenes, etc., but wow, what a disappointment.
  • Mmmmmmmm, Chris Cornell
  • Anybody else as stoked for the new season of Project Runway as I am? (Excluding Becky, of course, cause I already know that she's on pins and needles.)
  • Speaking of Veronica Mars, does anybody else think the chick at the top of The Superficial bears a striking resemblance to Kristin Bell?
  • Last night mom and I ate dinner in the food court at Tysons. And I realized whoa, I haven't been to a food court in forever! Delicious discovery: the pot stickers at the Taka Grill. Bizarre discovery: salads are really hard to come by in a food court.
  • Best quote of the morning so far: "Dubya's talking on tv, and it makes me ashamed of my accent." -Alyssa Bell
  • I love me some Kelly Clarkson, for certain, but homegirl needs some serious sartorial help.
  • Drew Barrymore, however, continues to be the shit. I was just thinking this morning about how around age 13, she was my style inspiration in just about every move I made, from baby doll dresses to hair cuts. Many years later, she's still got a sense of style worth emulating. Drew, I'm sending a great big "You Go Girl" in your direction.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always thought the superficial chick looked like kelly ripa for some reason.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh boo... I really enjoyed Pirates. So entertaining... oh well.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Kelly Ripa, I can totally see that too.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home