blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, July 24, 2006

Old Friends are the Best Friends

Last night I got the rare opportunity to spend time with an old friend, Jan, and holy crap! He's the best! I hadn't forgotten how great Jan is, per se, but I hadn't seen him in a couple of years. He's just as weird and smart and silly and observant and insightful as always. I miss him already!

(I got to hang out with Stegmaier too, who I also love and miss. And got to meet his wonderful girlfriend. And Sam and Stacy, who I see a lot but not enough. We spent the evening eating crabs, being overwhelmed at an unexpected h.s. reunion party, remember how to (or not) do magic eye, and looking through my old (I mean flowered doc martins, flanel shirts, mushroom cuts and girls still taller than all the boys old) photo albums. So all in all, a great night. Now I'm filled with nostalgia for countless lunches shared with Jan in the Madison cafeteria and countless nights with the crew in Kevin's Basement. With a capital B.)

You can look at some really carelessly taken (due to hands covered in old bay) pictures from last night here.

And now I'm "up to my tits," as Samantha Bee would say, in headlines and ad copy. If you're in the area, come check out Cold War Kids, Midlake and Sound Team tonight at the Black Cat. It's gonna be good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa Holler! That band dude cross between Andrew and someone else is totally fine.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home