blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I am a pop culture genius

Recently I caught a few moments of a 30 Seconds to Mars interview. I was stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed that one of the guys in the band (that wasn't Jared Leto) was Jordan Catalano's bff from MSCL. Ya know, not Tino, but the guy they ever actually showed. Think: Buffalo Tom at Pike Street, playing pool, talking about how "weird" Angela and Rayanne are. Well, to the internet!!

The truth comes out: It's Shannon Leto! As in, Jared's brother! Hence the MSCL gig, and hence the 30s Seconds to Mars gig.

I am a pop culture genius!

*I tried to find a picture from the show, but he's in none of them. According to the internets, screen capture software and the resolution of MSCL don't mix. But Shannon Leto is this dude. Hopefully that jogs the memories of those of you that also recorded every single moment of Holzmanian genius to memory in the 90s as I did.

I'll also take this opportunity to tell everyone that Jared Leto spent this past weekend in the Hamptons with my Natasha, and asked her to come home with him. She did not accept.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm more of a genius than you. i totally already knew that, simply from watching the credits on the show. but i didn't know that they were in the band together. p.s. jared leto looked really gay on the video music awards last night.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared Leto's dad was my orthodontist. I use that as my "fun fact" for icebreakers. It's not as cool in Northern Virginia, since about 85% of 12 years olds went to Dr. Leto. Actually, I heard that Dr. Leto died, which is sad.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home