blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, January 11, 2008

Ring Around the Wino

The Problem: I like red wine. I like red wine a lot. But everytime I drink it, no matter how much or how little, I always end up with that very unattractive and very telling dark ring on the inside of my lips well through the next day. I've tried makeup remover. I've tried putting chapstick or lip balm on beforehand and during as a buffer, but to no avail. I've tried using lip scrubby stuff and it kinda works, but not wonderfully.

The Solution: Is there one? That is my question. In a world where Sephoras reside in every shopping mall from coast to coast, someone's got to have invented a lip stain remover, right? There are removers for eye makeup, why not for red wine on your smacker? Also: this is the least helpful advice ever.



Somewhat related: Long ago we dreamed up a DCist post where we'd experiment with the best ways to get club stamps off your hand. It never came to fruition, but here's my personal approach (which I clearly didn't use this week, as I stare at the remnants of my Velvet Lounge handstamp from Wednesday night): if you have the foresight, go ahead and put some lotion on beforehand -- lay down a barrier. Then, wash your hands as soon as you get in the club so it doesn't sink in. But the real key is the aforementioned makeup remover when you get home. It'll get almost all of it off, and by the time you're done scrubbing it in the shower the next morning, you're golden and don't look like a club kid to your coworkers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jumbo Slice said...

Thanks for the lotion suggestion! My wife gets annoyed b/c I use all her nail polish remover trying to remove the hand stamps. Black Cat is the worst b/c they always double stamp.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Don't use nail polish remover! It's really bad to put it directly on your skin. Stick with makeup remover, baby oil or rubbing alcohol.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jumbo Slice said...

I'll definitely try the alternatives! I noticed if I scrubbed too hard w/ the nail polish I start to bleed. I know, I'm an idiot.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home