blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hello & Goodbye

Welcome back Stewart & Colbert! I haven't watched last night's TCR yet, but I did watch TDS. I disagree with the criticism I've read that he focused to much on the strike. I thought it was relevant and respectful. And, funny! Maybe I'm blinded by my Jon Stewart love, but I thought he did a great job. Slightly rougher than normal, sure. But without writers, it has to be, right?

And, farewell to Coach Gibbs. I think he probably could have gotten one more good season in, but it's probably time for him to go. Tony tells me he's read somewhere (that I can't locate) that Gibbs will stay on in an advisory role. That would be tremendous. Our biggest challenge in replacing Gibbs will be maintaining the level of authority, respect and camaraderie he fostered. I think Williams could be good, but there are some personality issues there potentially. Any coach coming in to work with Snyder has a hard road ahead of him. It's a difficult franchise to successfully join for sure. Gibbs' major success in his second tenure, I think, is rebuilding the Redskins as a team. And, I don't think there's anyone else who could have possibly pulled off what he did at the end of this season. Nobody. I'm looking forward to the changes ahead, but Joe, I'll miss ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home