blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, April 18, 2008

As I left the house this morning I looked in the mirror and thought, "Ok I must be imagining this, but I already look tan. I am seeing things in a pre-Costa Rica haze." But apparently, I am not insane, because people at work have been telling me the same thing all morning. Behold, the amazing mental self-tanner. Think real hard about vacation and your skin darkens!

I am beside myself with excitement. I have overpacked to an amazing degree. Nobody could ever need as many bathing suits as I've packed. Warm-weather clothes are smaller, so how is my ginormous suitcase already full? *Sigh.

I've been distressed recently because I couldn't find the amazingly awesome and incredible Neutrogena After Sun Treatment on the shelves anywhere. I inquired with Neutrogena and they informed me that it was discontinued because it wasn't selling. Dammit! This stuff was incredible! It took ridiculously lobstery skin and turned it into pain-free, brown, smooth tan over night. And it smelled so nice. If you ever see it somewhere -- maybe somewhere that might have held on to last year's stock -- please buy whatever they have. I will pay you for it.

I had several topics flitting through my mind to blog about today, but they've all been zapped away by "I'm So Excited" playing on repeat in my head. OH! Big ups to my boy Sam, who is doing me the solidest of solids and driving me to the airport at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow. That is a true best friend.

Bloggers of the world: see you at Forgetting Sarah Marshall tonight. Everybody else: see you when I return! Have an awesome week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Try eBay!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Jumbo Slice said...

So where are you going in Costa Rica? Monteverde? La Fortuna? Arenal? Pacific Coast? The wife and I went last year and it was unreal. I guarantee you will love it. We can't wait to go back.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I am a blogstretch junkie and I need a fix...when do you get back from the trip so i can see some REAL tan? love.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home