blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Accept her kindness with enthusiasm

If you're ever in a position to accept free tickets to some swanky event from Catherine, do it! All you people who passed up a chance to attend the Washingtonian Best Of party last night are suckers. There was so much amazing food — my favorites were the crab and heirloom tomato salad from Vidalia, the watermelon bourbon drink from Liberty Tavern, and the tuna tar tar cones from The Source. The music kind of sucked in a big way at first, but got better as the evening went on. And there were tons of charming people to chat with and did I mention so much food I didn't know what to do with myself?

While meandering, someone from The Park gave us free passes to the after part for the Washignton Kastels' first game. The Park = super fancy club. This event = even more free booze and food. Diana and I only stayed for one drink, but it was a great cap on a lovely evening.

I think one of the 800 things I ate may have not settled well with me, though, as I was up tossing and turning all night with intense stomach pain. But, it's late day now and I'm feeling much better. So, as I said: don't look a gift plus one in the mouth. And, thanks CatAn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home