blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Delicious

Hey, remember when I used to write about things besides whatever I am currently shoving down my gullet? Me neither, really. Here's a really simple summer salad that's delightful.

Cut a cucumber and a tomato into bite-sized chunks. Add a chopped pepper (I used a home-grown cayenne). Add lots of roughly chopped fresh mint. Flash pickle with some good light vinnegar (I used this pear-infused white balsamic fancy stuff I have, but you could use whatever). A little salt, and voila! Tasty, refereshing, and comprised of things I already had in my fridge.

Also food related: just made Restaurant Week plans for PS7's, The Caucus Room and Cafe Atlantico. Aaaawe yeah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Also note that this salad makes a delicious addition to a pita, with cream cheese & turkey.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home