blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, July 21, 2008

Iced Coffee Magic

I suppose if I'd been given a choice, I'd have chosen to have magical powers over something a little bit... grander. But recently, it's become very clear: I am in control of the forces around iced coffee.

When I was at the beach last weekend, we went to the coffee shop the first morning. I ordered my iced coffee (they only come in one size), took a sip and said, "man, I wish I'd ordered 2, this just isn't enough." Not ten seconds later, the other barrista (not the one who'd made my original order) called my name again and served up a 2nd iced coffee! I waited around a bit to see if there was another Amanda who ordered the same thing, but no! It was mine! Allllll mine! My wish came true!

This morning, I went to Dunkin Donuts for a morning beverage. I ordered a medium, and as soon as I had thought, "I wish I'd ordered a large. Oh well." I paid for my medium, and then, when the girl gave me my drink it was... a large! Hooray! Iced coffee dreams coming true, yet again.

If you can think of a way for me to put this power to greater use, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home