blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Well that's a Sautee Stirer. I'm goin on break.

This Homesick Texan post, combined with last week's Top Chef, made my wheels start turning. Apparently, roux is very hard to make because it requires you to stand over a stove stirring flour and oil together for a really lot of minutes. A lot of things fall into this category. I'm willing to put a lot of work into dishes (chopping, marinating, doing all sorts of odd prep work), but the part that will often deter me from actually cooking something is if it involves a lot of attention to something while it's cooking. Isn't it about time we made a kitchen appliance that solved this problem? I'm thinking you could make a suatee pan lid that has a very slowly revolving arm to keep things you're cooking moving, not sticking to the bottom, not burning -- without you standing over it the whole time. Lazy? Sure! But so are most of the "problems" kitchen gadgets "solved". I'm just sayin, this is an area our friends at Kitchen Aide and Cuisinart should look into.



If you did not grok the post's title, please refer to this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stopped watching when Carla (who sucks btw) and Jaimie got the boot.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home