blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya

This post has nothing whatsoever to do with Pee Wee's big adventure, I just enjoy that movie.



So, what a weekend it was!! Where to begin....... Though not technically the weekend, I went out Wednesday & Thursday nights. Wed I went out with Patrick and wastey Nadine to celebrate her new job offer. A good time was had by all, along with several beers and lots of food. Woop woop! Thursday I went out to dinner w/Becca, followed by awesome shopping at Loehmans, and a really really fun couple of drinks at Sweetwater. We now have a new favorite bartender.

Friday Randy came into the office and hung out with me for a while, bringing his hilariousness to me front and center. Good thing too, since other attempts to catch up with him throughout the weekend failed. That night I stayed in and did laundry, like all the cool kids do. But Saturday.....

Bright and early, I was at momma's house to help with her yard sale. There were some kooky people there, let me tell ya. However, we did rake in about $300, so, sweet! And don't worry, there's still some Amanda Mattos memorabilia left. The lovely Miss Diana Patterson came down and helped out for a while, and it's always good to see her. Also, my favorite babysitting charges came down and bought some books and some jewelry. Excellent neighborhood bonding. After that, I went over to Pam's for her family's big lamb roast. It's also always so great to see her, which I barely ever get to do, so that was just fantastic. Pretty soon though, I had to go and get ready for.....

My blind date

(!?!?!?!?!)

Becca called me on Friday to tell me she wanted to set me up with her friend Brad from work. Why? Because he loves The OC. Hey, I've gone out with guys for less. Though I've never been on a blind date before, I figured that there was a built in discussion topic, so it couldn't be too bad. I was a bit splotched out, but it turned out to be fun and low key; we hung out at Daily Grill with Becca and a bunch of other servers there after it closed, and had a good time. Then I was off to Dr. Dremos for Joey's birthday (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!). Standing under the urine leak, beer pong with Pink Floyd, finding Waldo, the fascinating pants, the ass grabbing, the singing elvises, evading the tow trucks.....it was all part of a lovely evening. Happy Birthday Joey, I'm oh so glad you were born.

Now, Sunday.....ooooooooooooh Sunday.........

Sunday was so absurd I'm going to have to devote more effort into it than I can right now. But in brief. that McFaddens/Nats deal - "the best $35 I've ever spent."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, sunday... my last clear memory of the day would be a certain blonde head passed out on my shoulder at the Nat's game... good times, good times.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home