blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Music Meme: Inside Hurley's Discman

Via Drew,
If you’ve crashed on an island in the middle of nowhere with little to no chance of rescue, your iPod has enough juice for one more song, what do you put on and why?
Let's pose this question as it really would be, shall we?
What song would you be ok with having in your head for the unknown about of time you'll remain on said desert island?
Of course, as I flip through my mental catalog, the first things my brain does is play jokes on me. "Go with "I am a rock," by Simon & Garfunkel!" While my books and my poetry may protect my integrity, they won't go very far to pump me up for island living. Then "island living" sends me down the following spiral: island living --> About A Boy --> "Shake It Fast" by Mystikal. EH! Wrong again, madame funny brain. Are we "Hey Jude"-ing it? A little "Tiny Dancer" for the road? This is a really effing hard quandry. I'm gonna go with a song that just doesn't seem to get old. Perhaps not the perfect decision, but it's got that dark/light combo that would fit being stranded on a desert island. And it can be whistled, which is a key element for any song stuck in your head. I'm gonna go with:n "New Slang," by The Shins.


Oh, almost forgot - if you're bloggy, consider yourself tagged. If you're not, commentsectiontag you're it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"hang gliding" by maria schneider. www.mariaschneider.com to hear the first few minutes of it. it's random, but it's a serious answer. if it wasn't this, then probably the theme song to Saved By The Bell, The College Years. this is also a serious answer. i am a serious person.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Standing on the edge of tomorrow, and its all up to me how far I go!

9:30 AM  
Blogger ike said...

Ha, the batteries ran out in the episode I just finished. I am some kind of sorcerer.


I'm standing at the edge of tomorrow,
Today! today... day... day...

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home