blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, November 21, 2005

Turkey Lurkey Do

So, as previously mentioned, turkey comas are in all of our near futures. Now, everybody has their own personal holiday favorite dishes. My mom won't be actually cooking the meal this year, so I won't get my specific dream thanksgiving meal (though I'm sure I won't be disappointed by the feast waiting for us at the Lampa's), but I thought I'd share my favorite menu. I'll share a couple recipes next (should you be at a loss for what to bring to your gathering this year), but in the mean time ~ what's your turkey day favorite treat?

  • 24-hour salad
  • Pineapple casserole
  • 5 cup salad
  • Green bean casserole
  • Sweet potato soufle'
  • Crunchy potatoes
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Gravy
  • Turkey
  • Cranberry
  • Dinner rolls
  • Pumpkin pie w/cool whip
  • Wine.. loooooots of wine

4 Comments:

Blogger Washington Cube said...

I am preparing the meal this year...and transporting it. The next several days are going to be rough.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STUFFING is my favorite...mmmmmmmmmmmmm

11:24 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Ya know what's funny? I've never liked stuffing. Does not ring my chime. But it is such a favorite among most people. To me, it's icky mush. But I respect your stuffing love. I just don't share it :)

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never really liked stuffing either. My fave is mashed potatoes with gravy and pumpkin pie!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home