blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Late Afternoon Groove

I'm probably the last person on the internet to post about Gnarls Barkley, and I'm sure that every hip human in existence has been listening to "Crazy" for months. I heard it for the first time several weeks ago, then forgot about it. Then I was reminded of it this weekend, and can't stop listening. Gnarls Barkley is Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse; it's a rare occasion when two singularly awesome entities combine and make something that's actually good (just ask DCeiver), but they've done it. "Crazy" is so hot right now. (Side note: I really need to find a new way to say that.) That Violent Femmes cover is pretty dope too. You can listen to both on their MySpace page. Expect this song to fill the same gap as "Feel Good Inc." filled last spring. I.e., complete hip shaking ( or roller skating, as the case may be) media saturation. They also should win some sort of award for their press photos (like this one), which are fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home