blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, May 12, 2006

Sorting Out Our Priorities

I was just reading Ad Week, and came across some stats that aren't all together shocking, but still make me scratch my head a bit. Fitness magazine recently conducted a poll about America's attitudes towards weight. 63% of women/55% of men would "rather be poor and have no weight to lose, than be rich but significantly overweight." OK, I get that one. 58% of women/54% of men would rather lose their job than gain 75 pounds. My understanding is waning. Here's the kicker: 17% of men/11% of women would consider giving up 20 points of IQ if they could have a "perfect body." Granted, those aren't high percentages, but it's still pretty dumbfounding. Pun intended. Perhaps that lot should consider what beauty without brains results in.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stupider?

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home