blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lulls Lukewarm Lullabies in your Left Ear

I chose Outkast for today's ride home and couldn't help but think, man, all of this really holds up. Spottieottiedopaliscioius, B.O.B., Elevators, Hey Ya, Ain't No Thang, Rosa Parks, Southernplaylisticadilacmuzik, Ms. Jackson, Git Up, Git Out -- these are all still really great songs.


In other bland thoughts I had during my commute, the following things will almost always make me like a song (or at least, listen to it more closely and be more forgiving of its faults): trumpets, snare drums, banjo, mandolin, harmonica, hand claps.

2 Comments:

Blogger the Nabob said...

Is it fair to anoint the “still holds up” mantle to songs that are less than seven years old? It’s not like it's the BatDance or Skee-lo’s "I Wish" we’re talking about here. It’s Outkast.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

OK, picky. Some of those songs are way older than 7 years (Southernplayalistic... came out in 93). I was just thinking that all of their stuff would still be relevant, and I'd still like it if I heard it for the first time today. I can't say the same for a lot of hip hop.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home