blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Backtrack Weekend

I'm finally watching SNL from this weekend, and Vampire Weekend's performance. Which was good! Except... did anybody else get the feeling that the string section was not miced? It was pretty clear that the "strings" were coming from the keyboards, right?

Also, the keyboardist has taken Chuck from Gossip Girl's fashion sense as too much of a guidepost. That scarf was not ok.


Also: Amy Poehler can do no wrong. That Project Runway Christian impression was the best thing ever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jumbo Slice said...

I couldn't tell if the strings were miced or not. I knew from seeing VW at R&R Hotel that the keyboards were used to recreate orchestral sounds. Now I have to go back and watch it again…

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who instantly thinks of Chuck Bass when I see the keyboardist. He even has the smugness.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

To be fair, I wrote this during the first song. During the second song, the string section actually appeared to be emitting sound.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home