blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

D'oh!

As I mentioned on the IFA earlier, I'm sick. So I wanted something comforting to eat while I miss Top Chef night at Matt's and Au at Velvet Lounge. I made miso soup last night, and I've been drowning in hot liquids lately, so soup's out. I knew I wanted red meat, so as I wandered the beef aisle I thought, stuffed bell peppers! My mom used to make them all the time, they're quick and easy and delicious. Perfect. So three hugely stuffed peppers are sitting in the oven right now. And right now, many minutes too late, I realized why that seemed way too easy: I forgot one of the main ingredients. Rice. Basically I made meatloaf and stuffed it into some green peppers. These fuckers are going to be DENSE. And take a really long time to cook. Oh well. If I'd remembered the rice, I might not have been able to justify the mashed potatoes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know she is a lesbian, but I have a crush on Jamie Lauren... More SCALLOPS!!!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

couscous works just as well if not better and is way faster. i am a certified gourmet chef so you should obviously listen to me.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home