blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, December 16, 2004

The word of the day is...

Curmudgeon!

I actually woke up this morning with that word in my head and the thought "I need to make that the word of the day on my blog." 2nd thought: I need a life that involves actual people, and stat.

For those of you who don't know or aren't quite sure, a curmudgeon (according to Webster), is "a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person." I don't think I know too many out and out curmudgeons, but there certainly are those among us who act curmudgeonly from time to time. I just really like using that word. Curmudgeon. I watched a little bit of a movie starring everyone's favorite curmudgeon, Ebineezer Scrooge, last night.

Addressing the needs of the blog: Yes, I do realize there are problems with posting comments and some of the links don't work and if you use certain providers you can't see any of the text at all. This will all be fixed as soon as I can sucker Drew into fixing it.

I'm taking tomorrow off in the name of using up some vacation time and getting some shopping done (or rather, all of my shopping done), so this could potentially be the last post until next week. I'm stoked for Alison, Laura & Molly's party on Saturday; if there's as much mistletoe as they promised, it should make for a very interesting evening. I'll prepare my party pants, and warm up my dancing - or rather, swaying - shoes (for some good old fashioned Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas Song dancin).

Back to the salt mines, I'll talk at you curmudgeons later.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home