blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Looking Starward

So, I know the blog's been a bit horoscope-heavy lately, but this one (from MSN) is intriguing, so I thought I'd share:

When you are faced with a decision dear Virgo, you can say "yes," and commit yourself to something, or say "no" and just walk away. In both cases, you respect yourself, and you don't waste any of your energy. But if you agree to a compromise, you will be getting yourself involved in something that will be more costly than you think. You may realize this at the end of your day today, dear Virgo..

So, no compromises for me today!! My way or the highway, the stars say so!

My Washington Post horoscope is even better than that one though, I wonder who it's gonna be...

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22). When you think about your social life, there are definite rungs of friendship people must go through to get close to you. You don't answer the phone to just anybody. Somebody jumps from a lower rung to a higher one today.

Will it be you? And, am I really all that hierarchical? Hmmmm, I have my doubts, but looks like it'll be a pretty eventful day. All that's on my horizon right now is working, making Thai food for Liz and I (the lone members of the Thursday night dinner club that are actually in town right now), and watching the OC. We shall see my friends, we shall see!

As mentioned in an earlier post, I'm on the cusp of Leo and Virgo, so I like to read both and come up with some combo-scope. Basically today looks to be full of decisions that directly speak to my persona:

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22). Be the total individual today, not at all influenced by the usual onslaught of advertising and corporate brainwashing you encounter. You don't need a media spectacle to show you what you want out of life.

I'll let you know how this all unfolds...or if it's the standard Thursday I'm expecting it to be (with the added buzz of wearing new shoes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home