blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, June 09, 2005

By Decree of the King's Contrivance

Jenna (the Jennaral), Liz (Lizeration Dance Party) and I (Amandolin Player) had a fantastic time at the Killers/Keane/Louis XIV/Maximo Park/Annoying Chick in a Sailor Hat show last night. It was hot and sweaty, but the three of us + good music = no room for anything but a great time. Maximo Park = Pee Wee Herman, my soul aches for the Broken Land, how old ARE they?, Indie Rock Is All I Need, nice fellows, Ruff Choice, margarita madness, bud select.....aaaaaand other various funnies. Sorry, I'm not feeling very verbose at the moment. I think it's the heat. And the humidity.

To that end I'll leave you with the words of William Carlos Williams (as suggested by Liz) ~ refreshing on a day like today:

This is Just to Say

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home