blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Bit Torrent Help (please!)

So, I figured out how to find the files, download (I've been using azureus)... but now when I open (the first episode from season 2 of Veronica Mars, which I 100% need to see, as my head might explode if I don't), NOTHING HAPPENS. Quicktime starts up, I hit play, the file appears to be playing (timer's going and whatnot), but there's no sound, no picture. Any tips? I'm about to start beating my iBook, jumping up and down and grunting like a monkey, repeating, "It's in the computer." So please, any tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: Drew Dillon is a god among men. Thanks to the DivX advice, the files are up and running. Unfortunately, about an hour before I read that advice, I caved and read an episode summary of the season premeire. It's all gravy though, now I can catch up before the next new episode! YEAH! Yes, I love technology. Always and forever.

4 Comments:

Blogger ike said...

what's the file format? torrent people use an incredible variety of weird ass file types to hide their activities. it's also possible that this file was put online by someone hoping to dicourage the downloading of such files and is thus made to look the right size and length, but containing no information.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

They're AVIs. I downloaded the first episode from 2 different places (in case there were any problems), and episodes 2 and 3, and they're all that way. That would really blow.

In other news, anybody have or know where I could get my hot little hands on Veronica Mars Season 2 episode 1+?

7:22 PM  
Blogger ike said...

if they're avi, then they're most likely divx encoded avis. not sure how you open those on a mac, but try going hurr...

9:22 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

As my obsession with VM grows daily, I've started back tracking and reading orld TVWOP write ups. The following statement is particularly hilarious:

"Dick asks what Logan's doing that night, and in turn Logan gives him the Shocker hand gesture. I won't explain what it looks like or what it means, but I will say one thing: from the reaction of many people on the boards who were previously unfamiliar with this gesture, to say it's aptly named is like saying the censors sometimes miss things on this show. "

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home