blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"We've got higher life expectancies these days but we're in a fast-paced, globally-warmed, been-there-done-that, terrorism-threat-level-permanently-orangeish world where there are few legal ways to soothe the soul; and sometimes chocolate and pictures of kittens just aren't enough. Many of us emerge from our square-ish homes, travel in boxy vehicles to spend the day in a cube of a workspace. Why not hit the bar for some actual social human interaction? The ancient Greeks had Dionysus; we have happy hour." Here here, Jezebel.


Also: In addition to my previously mentioned sojourn to London, I am also going to Costa Rica in April. "With over 160 rooms situated in 23 buildings, the Occidental Grand Papagayo blends harmoniously along the bluff showcasing stunning ocean views and extraordinary sunsets. The all-inclusive rates allow guests to enjoy meals in three restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, including an open bar in four bar areas, a weekly cocktail party, endless daily activities and sports, Fun Club and live evening entertainment - all included in the nightly room rate." This spring is going to be awesome. If you're wondering how I can afford to take so much time off at the beginning of the year, well, this is my fifth year with my company. Which means, I get an extra week of vacation. I am spending that week in Costa Rica.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got back from Costa Rica on Sunday night. I was there for 10 days and it was the most amazing vacation I'd ever had. I went to Arenal, Monteverde and Manuel Anotonio - all beautiful, unique places. And the beer is actually good - go with Bavaria Gold.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True fact: most people who complain about the modern world have never been employed as a Moravian serf.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home