blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Gross.

For about a year or so, I've changed my celebrity gossip diet intake. Instead of looking at a handful of the salacious blogs, I just catch the headlines on Jezebel. Sure, because they provide the "news" in a more feminist-friendly way, but also, because it's one-stop-shopping on a site I already read. Just now I made the mistake of clicking through The Superficial, Egotastic and Cityrag. The top posts on all of them were about: boobs. Two out of the three of those featured several headlines that went like this: (name here) topless in (publication/movie trailer). I guess it was always that bad and I had just become desensitized? But, DAMN. Seriously. They're all The T/tty Times. How did I used to read that shit? Anyway, thanks, Jezebel, for both catering to my desire to know gossip and enabling me to do so without hearing it from a parade of horny d-bags.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hearing it from a parade of horny d-bags."

This implies that there are only men behind the scenes posting this gossip. Me thinks there are women posting the nakedness as well. They are just catering to the majority of their consumers, who might be predominately female. Also, some of the men posting/consuming these photos might be gay. So I don't know if horny is the right word. I don't think Perez gets a true boner for naked pics, but his customers may.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

I didn't mention Perez. I've never read him because I can't stomach him (even when compared to the other guys). If you look at The Superficial and Egotastic, the tone is strongly objectifying. Look for yourself.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those sites are pretty much all about being the first to show naked shots or people who look bad in bathing suits now. Those are what bumps their hits/unique visitors and increase their ad rates. It is just what improves their bottom line. I get my gossip from the Hawk Tawk. They have journalistic integrity.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home