blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Light Poisoning

As we were sitting around my living room last night, decorating the Christmas tree, Catherine warned The G, Capps and I that we should wash our hands after messing with the strands of twinkle lights, and before... licking our hands or something? Her mom had told her growing up that they were covered in POISON! After some googling, I haven't found anything to suggest that's true (bubble lights, however, will fu#k you up in a number of ways, it seems). Anybody out there have wisdom on this matter, or was CatAn's mom just trying to keep her from messing with the tree?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Becks said...

I heard this growing up, too. Lead poisoning. The lead makes the strands of Xmas lights all bendy.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Yeah, I think Catherine may have actually gotten this from me, not her mom. Target's dirt-cheap strands of lights come with little slips of paper reminding you to wash your hands.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home