blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, June 10, 2005

Unbuckled

The lovely folks over at DCist and DCeiver are professing the cultural positives of DC and beginning a series of concerts at the Black Cat (a regular haunt due to it's stumble-worthy proximity to Liz & Jenna's) called Unbuckled. A great little article on DCist about the series and its reasoning can be found here. The author - Catherine Andrews - I'm pretty sure went to Madison and UVA and is Betsy's friend Peter's sister. My encyclopedic knowledge stretches beyond band names. Anyhow, check out the article, and let me know if you want to go with me. I've heard some Cartel and they're pretty good! So, in summation: June 30, at the Black Cat, Cartel & The Bicycle Thieves. And, in all likelihood, some Manny & Olga's after.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes! i did go to madison and uva and am indeed peter's sister. good sleuthing. did we know each other at either school?

3:50 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Embarassingly, no, I just have a somewhat photographic & encyclopedic memory. Try not to interpret as creepy. I'm not a stalker, just an inadvertant gum shoe. :) But I graduated Madison 99 and UVA 2003.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, don't worry, it's not creepy at all. what's weird is being recognized on the street from my DCist photo, which happens once in a while. anyway, having looked at a few of your pics i think i recognize you from either madison or uva - you're the tall blond, right? hopefully you can come out to unbuckled and chat with us!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home