blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, January 23, 2006

Hi guys!

Who's in the mood for a weekend recap? Is it you?! I think it is! First things first, the DCist happy hour was great. It's the first time I've gone to a DCist gathering sans-other friends, and it proved quite productive in my mingling abilities and socializing. Got to hang out with the people I email with ad nauseum, and meet lots of other interesting characters. And listen to good music courtesy of DJ Leafblower and DCeiver. And watch the Hoos stomp the Heels, as predicted (nay, guaranteed) by the afore mentioned DCeiver. So it was a good time. And I got home around 10, so I was able to watch The O.C. before slumberton. So productive.

Friday night I went out to dinner at Sette Bello, the new Italian place in Clarendon owned by the Cafe Milano folks. The food: outstanding. The service: baaaaaaaad. They are so clearly understaffed and over patroned that it made for a very long and at times frustrating meal. But I was in good company and enjoying delicious food and wine, so the woes were asuaged. For dessert, we headed to the Ballroom for a night of general drunkenness and merriment. Beth was in town (!), so she came out and met up. We had lots of fun, such as:




Happy Farking Birthday

Defining quote of the evening: "You know why you're gay?"

Saturday Beth and I and Mrs. T went for a delicious lunch of fajitas, and a delicious afternoon movie. We saw Glory Road, which I loved. I generally love sports movies. And basketball. And Josh Lucas. So this one really had a lot going for it. I definitely cried. And there was a lot of in-theater clapping, so I think it was an all around crowd pleaser. After that I took a crucial nap for most of the afternoon/early evening, and woke up refereshed and ready to celebrate life with Sam, Sars Eye Stacy, Tyler and Fresh From Richmond Paul. We also had lots of fun, such as:




Not pictured: The partially-naked hot tub extravaganza. Thank God.
Defining challenge of the evening: Keeping the goods below the water level.

Sunday, after more napping, mom came over and we shampood my carpet. Cause I'm a home owner and do things like shampoo my carpet. And depend on my mom more than I probably should at age 24. It's so fresh and so clean clean. Please observe the newly instated shoe-removal rule when you come a'callin.

Plans on the horizon that I'm stoked about: Sunday brunches with my friends (it will happen. Oh yes. And I'll use my multi-colored coffee mugs!), and the Summer of 2007 DC --> Mexico --> Alaska winnebego tour, also with my friends. We're all planning on being in between jobs that summer so that we can take a good 1 to 2 months for the trip. Yesssssssss!

More pictures here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are these "friends" you speak of, because i have yet to hear of any of these plans, and am feeling a bit confused!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Haha! Don't worry, you're still my friend.

Sam wants to institute hearty Sunday brunches, which you are welcome to attend.

Sam is also helming the cross country drive, and you are probably also invited to that.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home