Of Tickets, TV and Tummies
1. I just bought 2 tickets to see Belle & Sebastion and The New Pornographers at 9:30 on 3/6/06. (----------------> Jerry Maguire reference ------------->) Who's comin' with me? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be on some far off military base that day, but as of right now, I'm really stoked and looking for somebody to take the other ticket off my hands.
2. I also got 2 tickets to see The Subways that Saturday (3/4). I'm not gonna do what you all think I'm gonna do and just at FREAK OUT.... so who's comin' with me?
3. I know I've preached the gospel of The Pompatus of Lost over at DCeiver many times. But he's been on a hiatus, so I think enough time has passed to beat it into your brains that you should be reading these things. To give you a few reasons why, here are my favorite excerpts from this week's recap:
- "Charlie decides to keep a heroin statue, you know, in case at some point he wants to get Cobain in the membrane. "
- "The little kid isn't bitter and malignous, but the death is well overdue. Just then another kid--the little guy's older brother--steps up, grabs the gun and shoots the man. Portrait of the Eko as a young man, obvs."
- "hey chit some chat about safecracking and silent movies, and then Locke gets his island grok on, sussing correctly that ol' Mike is itching to reach for some black steel in his hour of chaos."
- "The drugrunners are clearly depicted as Middle Eastern al Qaeda types, reminding us all that when we blaze up after work, we're supporting terrorists. In the next room, waiting to meet with Eko, are no doubt a trio of illegal music downloading Saddamists and, alone in the corner, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, clutching a dead fetus. Syriana, yo. It's all connected. Core-up-shun is how we weeeeeen, bitch!"
- "Their third companion he let's go, instructing him to tell his fellows that "Mr. Eko let him live." And that he would be there all week. And to try the veal."
- "Just when you think she's yours, she's flown to other shores. Shores where it looks like you're saving a relapse for a lazy Sunday. Because pretend-peanut butter and brown rhine is crazy delicious."
- ""I've done what I've done to survive. How is that a sin?" Huh. Paging George Bush!"
- "But back at the beach, something else is ending quite happily: the reign of terror wreaked by Sawyer's Danger Hair, now being tended to by the loving hands of Kate."
- "Well, they are lost now. Lost within Lost. Meta-lost. Postmodernly lost."
4. When a skirt that was previously loose on you is now impeding your ability to breathe, it's time to lose the holiday weight.
5. I added a part here about Veronica Mars, but it turned out to be really long and warants its own post.